Volunteers are essential in helping FOOD Share reach thousands of hungry people each month in Ventura County. Our dedicated volunteers are committed to fight hunger and ensure that people in need have access to nutritious food. FOOD Share volunteers represent a diverse cross section of our community including corporate groups, adult service organizations, students, retired individuals, church groups, individuals with community service requirements and other caring people seeking to help those less fortunate.
How Can I Help?
FOOD Share has a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. We have positions to suit almost any interest and time availability.
When Can I Help?
FOOD Share welcomes your help. We have shifts 6 days a week and strive to make a good match between a volunteer’s available time and a FOOD Share volunteer opportunity. As such we offer a variety of options to fit a prospective volunteer’s busy schedule.
It is easy to get started:
1. Download the Volunteer Handbook (click here)
2. Read the volunteer handbook.
3. Please complete the following forms: Application, Pledge, Waver (please sign these by hand)
4. We would love to meet you! Schedule a day and time to come in for an orientation.
No Time to Volunteer?
You can help the hungry of Ventura County in many ways even if you are not able to volunteer. These include:
- Invite FOOD Share to speak at the next meeting of your social club, work group or organization to help us bring awareness to the community
- Take a Tour of FOOD Share (groups, schools, corporations)
- Donate Food ~ both perishable and non-perishable.
- Donate Dollars ~ Online, through the donate buttons on this website or Facebook, or by bringing/sending checks or cash to our offices. We even take Visa gift cards!
- Become a FOOD Share Ambassador ~ speak on our behalf at your company or to your affiliated organizations.
FOOD Share Volunteer Department
Meg Horton Christina Forino
Volunteer Coordinator Volunteer Coordinator
805-983-7100 Ext. 105 805-983-7100 Ext 104