FOOD Share is a 501(c)3 not for profit dedicated to feeding, nourishing and educating the hungry of Ventura County, educating the community on those who are hungry and why, and advocating a reduction of the root causes of hunger.
FOOD Share innovatively and efficiently gathers and distributes food, serving those in need. Our dedicated volunteers and staff fight hunger with compassion and commitment to ensure that people have access to nutritious food. FOOD Share responds to community emergencies quickly and effectively. FOOD Share embraces the diversity of Ventura County and builds partnerships by involving the entire community to fight hunger and its causes. Education and public awareness are keys to finding solutions.
How FOOD Share Works
FOOD Share distributes millions of pounds of healthy food every year both through our own programs such as FOOD Share and Friends mobile pantry, Senior Kit program, and Kids’ Farmers’ Market, as well as through distribution via our partner agencies.
- 2014 Ventura County Reporter Best of Ventura County – Best Nonprofit Organization
- 2013 Citizens for Peaceful Resolutions Earth Charter Award – Recognition for commitment to social and economic justice
- 2013 Montecito Bank & Trust’s Community Dividends Award – Recognition of community enrichment through service excellence and compassion
- 2012 Oxnard Chamber of Commerce Woman of the Year Award – Bonnie Weigel, CEO & President
- 2011 Pacific Coast Business Times Woman of the Year – Bonnie Weigel, CEO & President
- 2011 County of Ventura Board of Supervisors – Commendment to FOOD Share’s Volunteers for their volunteer efforts and dedication to the Senior Nutrition Program
- 2011 Ventura County Board of Supervisors – Special Recognition “Think Global/Act Local:” Countywide Climate Change Action Award Farm Share to FOOD Share
- 2009-2010 Excellence Award Presented to FOOD SHARE INC, VENTURA COUNTY’S FOOD BANK – Kipp Financial Group
- 2008 Large Volunteer Organization of the Year Food Share, Inc. Conejo Valley Days
- 2007 Humanitarian Award by the Simi Valley Community Foundation
- 2005 Camarillo Health Care district, Cert. of Recog. Food Share / Health, Safety or Service Organization award – Apple of Excellence
Financial Statements & Reports
We ensure that no liability for faulty donations falls on the shoulders of the donor through the Emerson Good Samaritan Act.